Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fun Surprise from Allison


Look what I received yesterday! My friend Allison and I have been admiring the Modular Back pack pattern but it's been hard to find lately. Well, she picked one up and sent it to me as a surprise along with some gorgeous note cards that have my initial on them. Allison and I met as co-hostesses of the International Tote Exchange I (and now II) and have discovered that we have a lot in common. We waste much of our employers’ time everyday sending multiple emails back and forth on very important knitting issues occasionally use our lunch hours to keep in touch via email.

This little package was quite a surprise as I was expecting it to be a pattern she was sending so that we can make the same scarf out of some very cool yarn that she pointed me to (she is a bad bad influence on me.) The yarn is shown here and is called Marjaana in the Jane Addams colorway. The colorways are all named after strong women in history. To be honest, I wasn't familiar with Jane Addams but she was one Rocking Gal!!

Thanks, Allison! You're a great friend!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

You are too sweet and it is so funny to hear that you also have a kitchen full of tomatoes! Now I just have to hope that no one I work with reads your post :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my... that yarn is extremely drool-worthy.

And you're right... I remember seeing an early post on your scarf and thinking how similar they were. Race ya to the finish line!

A. M. Warnke said...

Do you know there is a blog for a KAL with Hyphan Boy's Modular Back. try
http://hyphenboymodularbag.blogspot.com/