Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fall Favorites

Found this fun Fall Contest at Princess Knits. Check it out! I love fall so this is definitely for me! I missed the deadline but I'm doing it anyway!!

  1. favorite fall book to read - Not sure it's a fall book necessary but I'm enjoying The Virgin's Lover by Phillipa Gregory. If you've never read her books, YOU MUST!! The Other Boleyn Girl is on my top ten books of all time list. They fall in the historical fiction genre and specifically, they are fictional accounts of characters related to Henry VIII.

  2. favorite fall soup to eat - SOUP SOUP SOUP!!! Love it! It's hard to pick a favorite but I do love potato soup - here's a decadent one. Oh wait, just remembered, I made this awesome squash soup for a dinner party a few weeks ago.

  3. favorite fall stew to eat - I found a recipe for Burt Reynold's Beef Stew a few years ago and it is awesome. I don't have a link but I'll post it in a separate blog post.

  4. favorite healthy muffin recipe - Sorry... these are not even a little bit healthy but DANG! Are they good! Banana Crumb Muffins - bet you can't eat just one.

  5. favorite fall tree - I love oak trees because they remind me of when I was a kid. there were tons of them along the way as I walked to school. And at recess, we would design little houses, pushing the oak leaves into lines that represented the walls of the rooms.

  6. favorite fall knit - I really need to start the cigar gloves for my husband for Christmas! There is even a knitalong.

1 comment:

LisaB said...

Ah I love Phillipa Gregory! Have you read the Queen's Fool? That is a pretty good one too.