All in all, SP5 was a good experience so I decided to do SP6. My spoiler was wonderful!! She sent such wonderful goodies and was so friendly! I didn't hear much from the person I spoiled but I had fun shopping for her. My answers are not much different than last time.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have seemed to develop a preference for the nicer stuff. I like silk blends a lot.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
Since November 2004.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, I have a few books but I check a lot out of the library to review first and I haven’t found too many that I really need to own.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla and citrus and cinnamon. I don’t like florals or other fruits.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, I like dark chocolate, butter creams, caramels, coconut. And COOKIES!!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew and I read a lot.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I mostly listen to new country but radio is fine for me. I don’t have an MP3 player.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple and pink. I prefer brights to pastels and I can’t stand brown.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 5 kids, 3 cats and a fish pond.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To raise happy, responsible kids that remain close to me.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Wool blends, silk blends. I like cottons, too but built a huge stash this summer of various cottons and cotton blends.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Shrugs! Love them! I also like ponchos and shawls.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Oh boy – a bunch. A Sitcom Chic Cardigan in turquoise CottonEase; a Good Bias Shrug in a silky wool blend; Broad Ripple Socks in purple variegated Cascade Fixation; Clapotis in Iris Garden Lion and Lamb; a Cozy shawl in ecru Andean Silk; a cotton dish cloth. I have knitter’s ADD.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like them all. I like bamboo double pointed needles for socks, Addi Turbos for wools and I picked up a set of Denise Interchangeable needles that are plastic. I’v e learned over the last year that no one needle is perfect for every yarn and have managed to accumulate quite a collection that probably suits all my knitting needs!!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
I’ve knit one and a half socks so I think I can call myself a sock knitter. Great project for airplanes – small and easy to carry.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My friend taught me to knit a scarf and I was hooked after that. I received a couple books and relied on the internet instructions a lot.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I started the dishcloth last December. I pick it up every once in awhile and I can see the quality of my knitting improving!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Not into any animated characters. I guess rabbits are my favorite.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
No (unless you count shoes.)
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None but I like to read Interweave and Family Circle Easy Knitting. Oh and Vogue.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I wear size 8 or 8 ½ medium (9 ½ “). Love warm fuzzy socks to wear around the house in the winter.