- 1990/1991 - purchased my first Bernina - the1020, a mechanical workhorse. It has never had a single thing wrong with it and it runs as well today as it did 20 years ago. I think I paid about $1000.
- 1992 - purchased a Bernette Bernina serger in 1992 when I moved to Cincinnati. I think it was around $500. This entry level machine has also been very reliable.
- 2011 - purchased a Bernina 1300 MDC serger; My sewing machine dealer was offering great deals during the International Quilt Festival and I purchased for $1099. I still need to figure out how to use all the features!
- 2011 - purchased a used Bernina 1630 from a seller on Pattern Review for $500. I decided I wanted a second machine to bring to Florida but after I received it, I decided to keep it in Cincinnati.
- 2012 - Was happy to find a used Activa 125 S on Craigslist within 60 miles of Bonita Springs. Purchased for $400.
- 2013 - Purchased a brand new Bernina 635 for $2700 (retail price $4600!!)
So much more fun to collect sewing machines than say.... coins... or baseball cards..... Dontcha think?