Sunday, July 31, 2011

Skirt # 3 in the PR Contest (Simplicity 2258)


Here is Version 3 of Simplicity 2258 for the PR One Pattern, Many Looks contest. Version 3 is called "Client Ready" as this skirt is definitely suitable to wear to client meetings.

Fabric is a wool blend purchased from Hancock Fabrics. I added a lining to this one because I can wear it in the autumn with tights and lined skirts are much better over tights. Otherwise, the skirt sticks to the tights when you walk and eventually the skirt inches it's way up your thighs!

For this one, I only basted on the ties as I am contemplating making the ties detachable so I can wear it with tops that are either tucked in or left out. If I tried to leave a shirt untucked over the bow, it would look lumpy!

Here is what it would look like without the ties:

1 comment:

gMarie said...

I love that second look! I can't decide between this skirt and the challis which is my favorite. They are all lovely. I'm going to have to try some different fabrics with my favorite skirt pattern eh? g