Tuesday, November 03, 2009

V8305 & A Quick Appetizer

Note to self: put on makeup before taking photo.

I finished up the top from Vogue 8305 a few weeks ago. I bought a pair of pants that needed to be hemmed to go with the top and after the pants sat in my sewing room for a week, I proceeded to forget about the top. So I was happy to come across it in my closet yesterday morning. Even ignoring my terrible photography skills, brown is a hard color to photograph but I think you can get the idea. I LOVE this top and do plan to make one or two more. If I was in better shape, I would make the dress version but I don't need to be wearing a skin hugging dress at the moment! I originally made the wrap intending to wear them as the set but I don't like them together. Too much brown or something.

My friend Jen emailed me a great tip for an easy but delicious appetizer. I whipped it up in 5 minutes before book club last night and it was a hit! It's simply a bar of cream cheese with caramel sauce and granola on top. Serve with apple dippers. Thanks Jen!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very cute top and the appetizer looks delicious

Jknits said...

It's so pretty with the two colors of apples. The one we had was just green apples. Love the entrelac head band. I was thinking of making something like that for when it gets colder.