Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Spring!


Just a quick shout out to say howdy. Lots going on lately. Nothing earth shattering but I have spent almost no time in the sewing room and little time knitting! Took a mini vacation with my son. My daughter got accepted into her first choice for college - THE Ohio State University. Had a fantastic birthday. Two of our three cars got hit. Resurrected dinner club - co-hosting this weekend. Oldest daughter graduates with accounting degree - interviewing with fingers crossed in this economy!

I miss sewing and knitting but I really miss my bloggy friends!! Hope you're all doing well and enjoying spring!!

Photo-less posts are boring so here is a shot of my "Not Your Standard-Issue Sweatshirt, Take Two by Julie Carles and Jordana Jacobs". Yarn is Knitpicks Mainline - a cotton wool blend.

And I leave you with our dinner club menu for this weekend. Wish us luck! All new recipes!!

Dinner Club Menu:
Cucumber Gimlet
Coriander Lime Shrimp
Fig & Goat Cheese Crostini
Asian Pear salad
Chilean Sea Bass with Wild Mushrooms on Three Cheese Polenta
Roasted Asparagus & Red Peppers
Coffee-Chocolate Layer Cake with Mocha-Mascarpone Frosting
Cheese / Fruit / Nuts assortment

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Spring! I hadn't seen that pattern in Ravelry before. Very nice.

Unknown said...

That is a lovely knit. Hope the folks driving are okay. How was your birthday? g