Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

My life has been so busy lately with work and family commitments that I haven't had time for any of the fluff stuff - knitting, sewing, reading, blogging. But I realize today that instead of whining about it, I should be thankful that I not only HAVE a job that keeps me so busy but one that I enjoy. And I am blessed with three wonderful kids that I love more than anything in this world. They are truly my inspiration.

Today (and the next four days), I have a houseful. My parents and my brother and his family are visiting us. And as we adjust to musical beds and bumping into each other in the kitchen, I am grateful to have us all together. Much of the food prep has been done but there is still a lot to do. We just finished up a casual breakfast - bagels & cream cheese, homemade orange cranberry scones & blueberry scones, bacon and eggs - and now it's on to creating the feast:

Ambrosia Salad
Turkey
Stuffing (bread, not cornbread - we're Yankees!)
Mashed Taters
Cranberry Sauce out of the can
Cranberry Orange Chutney
Green Bean casserole
Roasted Root Vegetables in Madeira wine sauce
Corn Souffle
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Caramel Pie
Snickerdoodles
S'more Brownies



Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your weekend off.

CathyCate said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your dinner (which sounds wonderful) and your family!

Janice said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Nothing better than a house full of family and good food to eat! Enjoy every minute of it!!

KnittyNancy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I also have a houseful. It's hectic, but lots of fun. Enjoy!

~Tonia~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the family.

Allison said...

Happy Belated Turkey Day! If you manage to get up from the table after eating all that I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your family! I for one am thankful to have you as my friend.

Cennetta said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.