Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Quicky scarf - Good News / Bad News


On Saturday, my good friend asked me to make her daughter a scarf in the colors of the team for which she cheers. I told her I didn't think I would have time before Christmas but lo and behold, my airplane time thiw week was very fruitful. VOILA! A frou frou royal blue / yellow / white scarf. The yarn is yellow Cotton Ease, royal blue Lion Brand Fun Fur and white Moda Dea Tutu knit on 13s in garter stitch. Although the base of the scarf is predominately blue, the yellow and white do show up better in person. I added yellow and white fringe to highlight those colors. I finished it at 6 tonight, had my daughter delivered it at 9 and heard from my friend at 9:20 that it was a huge hit. She couldn't wait until Christmas so she gave it to her daughter tonight. Too funny!

That's the good news. The bad news... oldest daughter has put in an order for an orange / black Bengals scarf (already bought the yarn) and asked tonight if I can ALSO make her a pink scarf for her friend's secret santa gift - next Wednesday. Ugh. I am halfway through my husband's scarf but haven't even started my daughter's fingerless gloves. Oh well, January gifts will be nice!

No comments: