Wednesday, May 21, 2014

StyleArc Issy Top

I loved this pattern and gave it a go over the weekend. I struggled with the draping directions but I'm ok with how it turned out. My PR review is shown below.



Pattern Description: From StyleArc site: This knit top can be made long-sleeved or sleeveless. The clever neck drape gives this top a distinctive look, while the angled rouching at the side seam is flattering across the front. This fabulous design can be worn casually or dressed up. Link to StyleArc Issy pattern.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I decided not to do the asymmetrical hem. So I redrew the hem at the highest point.

Pattern Sizing: I started with a size 8 but graded out about an inch on each side at hips. I wasn't sure how that would work out with the gathering at sides but it seemed to work fine.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't think the draping instructions were clear and I'm not positive I did it correctly. I'm ok with how it ended up though. I rated this pattern difficult because I think a beginner would have trouble with the draping instructions.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I have some pulling at the shoulders which makes me think I didn't do the draping correctly. It's not that visible due to the fabric design.

Fabric Used: An ITY purchased from Fashion Fabric a few months ago.

How long did this take: It took me about 3 hours to sew this top. I spent a good 30-45 minutes trying to figure out the drape.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is a cute one and I think I see more in my future!

No comments: