Monday, May 05, 2014

Polka Dot Sweater Knit Top (V8790)

I found this sweater knit at the only local Cincinnati fabric store (Banasch) and fell in love. I thought I would make a little top so I only bought 1.5 yards. I decided to make this wrapped top instead and didn't have enough to make with long sleeves. I considered making short sleeves or using a black knit for the back. It's a cozy knit so I decided it had to have long sleeves.I found the polka dot fabric at our local fabric store.


Fabric: Sweater knit from Banasch + "Ubersoft Rayon Jersey" from Gorgeous Fabrics
Pattern: Vogue 8790 View C
Fit Adjustments: Size 10 at top and graded to 12-14 at hips;The top was still a little big so I graded a little more from armscye to about waist. Cut 2" off length because I didn't want tunic length.


I love how this looks and fits except for some funkiness going on at the bottom where the two fabrics meet. I need to fix that!




1 comment:

Lori said...

I am so happy you are posting and catching up with your sewing. Very fun to see you and the garments. Great top.