Thursday, October 26, 2006

Chilly Chili Day

Yesterday, I made a big pot of chili to donate to my daughter's school for a teacher luncheon. We were given the recipe so everyone who was cooking would make the same thing and to be honest, I was a bit skeptical because it didn't sound very good. Well, I was wrong. It was excellent and I'll make it again! (I made some itty bitty changes to the original recipe because I thought it would be too salty.)

2 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
1 onion, chopped and sautéed
2 pkg taco seasoning (use the low sodium kind)
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth

Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 6 hours or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I'm not so sure about the corn, I might try it and leave that out. I bet the ranch dressing gives it a unique flavor.

Becky said...

I'm going to try this one. :)

Judy said...

Yum, I want to try your chili recipe if I only had time to knit... oops, I mean cook.